Monday, December 20, 2010

Dressing for different body types

This is a topic that I really need to research further. My career goal is to create an outdoor brand for women specifically for women who disc golf. As I have played with many different women at many different skill levels I have come to realize that disc golf does not create a specific body type like other sports. These women can be all different shapes and sizes, even at the professional level. I want to design for all of these women.

Because I have absolutely no experience in dressing people of different body types, it is going to take some researching on my part. The other day my sisters and I were watching the movie HairSpray, and noticed how good Queen Latifah looks in this dress:

Nevermind John Travolta dressed as a woman there...

I'm still trying to analyze all the reasons why this dress looks so good on her, because I know it would definitely not look that good on me. First of all, she has a chest and this dress does an excellent job of emphasizing this. I think the flowing fabric helps give hint to a waist and shape without showing every curve.

What do you think?

No comments: