Saturday, December 11, 2010

Jingle Bell Run

Today two of my sisters participated in the Jingle Bell Run down in Eugene. I didn't get to go watch them run, but they did very well in their races!

Devynn took first in her age group for the 5k, and Kambria was the first female in for the 8k. Here's a picture of their cool fun run shirts and their prizes!




I ran this race, probably two years ago, and it was a fun race. If I remember right, there's a nature reserve/park you run through which makes it better than just a typical road run. It's also cool to see how far the event has come along. The year I did it, they gave each runner tiny little bells to fasten on them wherever. This year, they had bigger bells and two different types of shirts for the runners. As you can see in the picture, first place got "crowned" with a wire fir tree branch, and some cool prizes like sparking cider and a bucket of candy.

All of fall term I had been meaning to keep up with my running, but I never even got started. Part of the problem is when you are so busy with everything else (like school & your career) you push running aside to get in more time to do homework. I also value my sleep, so running gets further down the priority list.

My plan is to run this winter break so it will be easier to keep up during winter term. If I keep it up all year I'll plan on doing this race next year, I'm sure it will be even better!

Until then, I'll be keeping an eye on goodrace.com for some upcoming races :)

No comments: